Thank you to this year's Chili Cook-Off Sponsors!
The 15th, almost annual, Chili Cook-Off was a great success with record attendance!
Thank you to our event sponsors; COVANTA, HTM Credit Union and Pentucket Bank, your financial support allows us to utilize all the funds raised at the event to expand on our programming, exhibits and Hero Headquarters!
A very special thank you to the Haverhill Fire Department Credit Union, your ongoing support and in-kind donations allow us to call the Armory our home!
Thank you to all of our chili competitors, without you we would not have a cook-off!
2023 Chili Winners!!
- 1st Place: Casey Rice, 5 time reigning winner, with his “ Casey’s Award Winning Chili”
- 2nd Place: Lisa Ferreira, first time competitor, with her “Lisa’s Sweet and Spicy Chili”
- 3rd Place: Audrey Mears, first time and last minute entry, with her “Lumberjack Chili”
First Responder Division:
- Carl Rizzo, first time competitor here at the HFFM, with his “Better than Casey’s Chili”
Thank you to our other treasured competitors, many who have won or placed in the past, some who are first time entrants and one that has supported the event since its inception;
- Casey Karos, 3 time competitor with this years “Experiment #3”
- Nicole Deveau from Flagship Press, first time competitor with “Butter Bean Dream”
- Don Herook, a past 1st place winner representing “Maplewood Rehab/Nursing Center”
- Jody Nason, first time competitor, from Nason’s Stone House farm, entered 2 chili's “Sweet Potato Chili” and “Loaded Cowboy Chili”
- Melinda Barrett, our Mayor Elect!!!! and supporter since the cookoff began, with “Melinda”s Specialty Chili”
- Theresa Diffin was back representing the “The Learning for Life Program”!!
- Judi and Mike Arasi, last year placed with their “Judi’s Steakhouse Chili”
- Jimmy Carbone and the lovely Pixie Yates, first time competitors with Jimmy’s “Pepper Pot Chili '' and Pixie’s cornbread!
First Responders Division
- Dan Fitzpatrick, from Lawrence Police Department with his award winning “Lawtown Chili”
- Bill Laliberty, retired Haverhill Fire Chief with his award winning “El Hefe Chili”
You are the best bunch!! So fun and competitive! We have rivalries and friendships but above all that a wonderful group of people that care enough about the museum to come out with their families and friends to support the event!! Thank you!!
Thank you to our silent auction sponsors:
- Shelby Collins and Frankie Muraco for their wonderful basket filled with services and goodies from
- Frankie’s Beauty Bar and Beauty Cartel!
- Flagship Press Promo Basket donated by Nicole Deveau.
- Louise Bevilacqua for her beautifully made Emerald Isle Irish Basket, Warm and Cozy Winter Basket
- Amy and Geoff Collins for their “Thanksgiving Bounty Basket” which included a delightful case of mixed red wine, glasses and Thanksgiving trays!
- Patricia Graham for donating a lovely Antique Cut Decanter and matching Wine Glasses with Monkey Shoulder and Disaronno Amaretto
- Maria Sciuto Fontaine and Jim and Cindy Graham for their donation of a Fire Blanket and Fire Extinguisher
- Maria Sciuto Fontaine for her original resin wall art piece
- Jim and Cindy Graham for a complete First Aid Kit and Anti choking Devices, Cole Haan crossbody bag, and handmade bracelet
Thank you to our volunteers before and at the event:
Stephanie Collins, who has chaired the food concession since the beginning and her assistant, future HFFM President, Rosalie Dagny Graham, you gals always strive to offer the yummiest food and desserts in the most pleasant way. Your hard work is so appreciated!!
Thank you to Stef and Dave Collins for donating soft drinks, whoopie pies and pizza! Thank you to Cheryl Kozlowski, Cheryl Mielcarek and Joanne Durkee for making delicious cookies and brownies!!
Thank you to Pizza Hut for donating pizza! Thank you to Charlie and Cheryl Mielcarek for donating wonderful hotdog and popcorn machines to the museum!
David Cox at the door, he is very good at greeting and getting everyone in as fast as possible! Amy was not feeling well this year and could not be at the door with David, but she was with us in spirit! We are grateful to you both for your organization and professionalism!
Thank you to junior volunteers: Brianna Graham, Liam MacCurtain, Cameron Torres, Scarlett Graham, Cole Graham and Gavin Rice. You are the future and we’re proud of your civic mindedness!
Thank you to Charlie and Cheryl Mielcarek, Chuck Kozlowski, David Cox, Rose Graham, Maria Sciuto Fontaine, Beth Laliberty, John MacCurtain, Dave Shultz and Jim Graham for your help with numbering all the chili cups, preparing the ballot envelopes, setting up and covering all the tables and chairs and for moving things around!!!
Thank you to Tim Graham for the set up and use of this PA system and to Jeff Raymond for getting the tables electrified for our chili pots!
Thank you to our amazing Board of Directors; Jim Graham, John MacCurtain, Maria Sciuto Fontaine, Dave Shultz and newest member, Elizabeth Lalibery, for their hard work to make this event a success!
If you're looking for a fun $20.00 gift that also supports the museum, order your 2024 Firefighter Calendar today!
Remember that Memorial Bricks make a thoughtful and lasting gift!
Thank you for your support! See you in May for the Kentucky Derby Gala!!
Although we are closed for visits please know that we are still busy with projects and exhibits. If you’d like to volunteer for a few hours we are going to start organizing and cataloging our collection over the winter. We’d love to hear from you! Just shoot us an email at email@example.com
We wish you all a Happy and Healthy Holiday Season.
Thank you, we are grateful for all your help!
Pat Graham and Cindy Graham
Co-Chairs of the Chili Cook Off